Sunday, March 15, 2009

Riding into the Countryside with Val's New Energy Bar





It has been a while since I have made my way into the country. Today I headed out with Val's macadamia nut cereal, honey and peanut butter energy bar. The 85 mile ride out to Yorkville and back was as smooth as silk and the new energy bar was a hit!



This route needs some massaging but for the most part it kept me guessing what was around each corner and at each turn there was a welcoming surprise. I have done an out-and-back of part of this course before but since I am for the most part, anti out-and-back, I relied on my Garmin for an impromptu course re-routing.



Val's bar was probably sweeter than the ride but I am up for a re-match! Now I just have to make sure I don't eat them when I am not on the bike!

No comments: